Thousands of South Africans have no access to hot water. With no easy way to heat water, hygiene & sanitation suffers. The threat of covid-19 emphasizes the need for free & fair hot water.
We’ve sourced cost-effective solar geysers made from recyclable materials. They can be installed and maintained easily, in even the most rural locations.
This project positively impacts households and youth:
1. Poor households in the townships will now have a free supply of warm water which does not use fossil fuel and does not require electricity or costly installation fees.
2. Creation of hundreds of brand new, sustainable jobs to perform the
- collection of the bottles to be recycled
- installation of the geysers
- maintenance of the geysers
- management of teams